Sunday, November 8, 2015

November Counterfeit Kit

Yay, it's time for a new Counterfeit Kit!  (I actually made a kit last month, but I didn't post it or use it, oops!)  This month, the task is to copy the Cedar Lane line from Pink Paislee:

Gorgeous, isn't it?

I decided to do up an "inspiration list", things from the original kit that caught my eye and which I could use as a jumping off point for my own kit.  (I can't take credit for this list idea - a few of the Master Forgers shared their lists this month, and that's what inspired me to try it this way!). Here's my list:
So, I decided to start with the brush script font, and found this great free font, called "Rebel Heart", to make some die cuts using my Cameo.  I won't tell you how long it took me to find this font, but if you love fonts and want to use this one, here is the link:

Rebel Heart at dafont.com

I copied some die cuts from the original kit to make the ones that say "love this" and "best day" with that particular font.  The leaves, arrows, and hearts are some I already had from the Silhouette online store, and the others are from a freebie cut file from Shanna Noel that the Master Forgers put up on "Forgeries on the Fourth".    

I decided to cut most of my die cuts from white or cream cardstock so that I'll be able to colour them with inks or sprays to match my project when the time comes.  I'm most excited about my gold arrows and half-n-half hearts.  I just inked them up with Versamark, then melted some embossing powder on them.  The embossing powder is actually labelled "Metallic Bronze", but I think it turned out close enough to gold!

As for the papers, I started with the floral piece on the upper left, and went from there.  I kept it pretty minimal this month.  I might have to add on a bit, I'm thinking! Anyway, I've included leaves, a diagonal stripe, some woodgrain, arrows, turquoise, pink, and grey.  Yep, I like it, I think I can work with this!
And again, I went a bit minimal on the embellishments.  I found some cute autumn-ish stamp sets in my stash.  Haven't used those in a while!  Then there's some twine and buttons, the metallic bronze embossing powder, some cork stickers, wood veneer pieces (a little gift from my friend Alison!) and a wood grain embossing folder.  
So yeah, now I'm motivated to get some pages done this month.  I just realized my last post was over a month ago, yikes!  Let the scrapping begin!!!


6 comments:

  1. It looks like the approach you took this month really worked for you. That kit looks very tempting to me. I like all the scripty elements you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful kit! Your Silhouette items are just lovely, especially those great gold arrows and the script words. The owl stamps are a fun addition too. Hope you have fun with your kit this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great kit. Really cute embellishments with the

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embossed die cuts. Thanks for sharing the font.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kit-especially love the dipped heart die cuts! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your kit and I need to use my silhouette and get some of those fab leaves cut for my own CKCB kit!

    ReplyDelete