Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sort of a Random Post Here...

I have a layout to share, and I finished it a while ago but just haven't had the time to post!  Kids were on Spring Break, we took a little holiday to see the grandparents at Easter, and then the week before we had a family emergency-my dad was really sick and ended up being hospitalized!  He's relatively okay now, but needed three blood transfusions to get there.  Whew, I am relieved for the moment and hoping that things will settle down now.  Although Brenna fell at daycare on Friday, chipped a tooth, and ended up getting two removed...
Good grief, life sure does get crazy sometimes!

Anyway, enough of my babbling, here is the page I worked long and hard to make in between crises:


I used this sketch by Let's Get Sketchy, but I turned it 90 degrees to the right:


You can kind of see the background paper and journaling here:
The gist of the story is that we went to the park, Brenna spent a bit of time in the baby swing, and then when she tried the big girl swing, she ended up face planting with an open mouth in the sand!  

I had a heck of a time with the background paper!  I wanted to use the Gelato from my March Counterfeit Kit, so I just swiped it around willy nilly on white card stock, then sprayed with water hoping for a watercolor effect.  Nope, it looked terrible!  So I spread gesso over the whole thing and tried again, and ta da!  I love it!  Then to add even more texture, I rubbed the gold Gelato on a background stamp, spritzed with water, then stamped randomly around.  I also used the gold Gelato to colour the doily, see?
Some fussy cut balloons, and yeah, I'm loving it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I'm hoping to get more done in April, but so far it's not looking promising, unfortunately!




0 comments:

Post a Comment