Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Scrapbooking Outside the Pocket

Oh my poor little blog, I've neglected you so!  That doesn't mean I haven't been creating, though.  Last month, I took part in my first online workshop through Big Picture Classes, and it was so much fun!  The workshop was taught by Monica Bradford and was titled, "Scrapbooking Outside the Pocket".  We explored different ways of using pocket products/journaling cards in our scrapbooking.  Here are some of the pages I created:
This was the first page I made, and I thought it was a little plain - no real embellishment except the tone on tone arrows.  But, it's starting to grow on me!
I really love this one!  It's also very simple, no real embellishments, but the bright colours really make it interesting.

More brights.  This time my pocket products were Silhouette die cuts.  They all started as cream coloured cardstock, but then I brayered ink over all of them to get this bold look.  Love that die cut feather!

This is what Monica called a T-design.  Once again, very simple, only die cut arrows for embellishment, but the T-design is really unique, so it looks different from every page I've ever done. 
During this workshop, I placed a Close to My Heart order, and decided to get some more pocket cards.  The idea for this page was to layer embellishments on our cards.  I've got some decorative brads, a wood veneer accent, some inked Pink Paislee hearts, and an apple cut from another journaling card.  I even did some stamping in there!
Here I decided to try the tone on tone background that I've been seeing everywhere.  I love this simple grid design - it works perfectly with a single vertical photo that you really want to be the focal point of your layout. 
And last but not least (I still have two more layouts to show, but I'll save them for another day), this bright layout of Ailis with her two grandmothers last summer.  I really love how this one turned out, too!  The photos are gorgeous, don't ya think?

Well, that's it for now.  I think this post goes down in history as the one with the most of my projects in it, whew!  Hope everyone's been happy and healthy!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment