Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Today" for My Scraps & More

Just a quick post tonight, as I've had one of the laziest days ever (trying to get over a head cold!) and now I've got kitchen clean up to do, ugh.

This is going to be the final layout I do with my January Counterfeit Kit.  It's been a great kit, I've completed seven layouts (two double-pagers), but now it's time to say goodbye!  
Here's the sketch I used from My Scraps & More:
 
I stuck pretty closely to the sketch, but I needed to add a little something, so that's where the embellishment clusters came in.  Here's a close-up of one of those:
I had a pretty tough time with the journaling for this one.  My mother-in-law's dementia had been getting worse at the time of this photo, and I knew it was only a matter of time before she would need round the clock care.  She's been in a long term care facility for about a month now, so I don't worry about her as much, but I'm not sure when we'll get to see her next.  When we do, it probably won't feel the same, with the girls being all snuggly and goofy.
Anyway, that's all for now.  The kitchen is calling!




1 comment:

  1. great layout Roxy! I love all the papers and die cuts you used! That's really sad about your mother in law :( Dementia is definitely hard.

    ReplyDelete