Friday, January 6, 2012

My first SMASH book!!!

Oh my, I think I've found a new obsession! And no, it's not the man you see in the pages above (he's my old obsession, haha!) It's SMASHing! I'd heard of these books and items from K&Company before, but when I saw them at Creative Accents during their HUGE Boxing Day sale, I knew they were right up my alley. I bought the orange book and a "Family" Smash pad, and got to work almost right away. This is good for me because I keep EVERYTHING as souvenirs, and now I can have a place to put it. At first I struggled with how I was going to organize my book, but now I'm into just placing things more randomly. This is the first page I've filled up completely, and I think it's pretty neat! It's got some old passport photos of Jason that didn't get used in a passport, a tag from when he took Nolan to Bowron Lakes, a couple of photos from his last birthday, another photo I printed off last year of the Irish cream he likes to make for Christmas and didn't include in my December Daily, some sticky tabs (including chest hair, ew!) from when he went to the hospital last year with chest pain (they didn't find anything, maybe it was a panic attack?), etc. You get the picture! Another thing I'm loving about this project is that I can use up old supplies and scraps, like the Heidi Swapp decorative tape I've had for years, and the Creative Memories letter stickers I bought as a consultant and still have three partial packs of! I can also bring this project with me to the kitchen whenever I want and work on it with minimal supplies, which is fabulous when Brenna's constantly into my scrap stuff in the basement and can't work down there! Anyway, this is an ongoing project, so if you like, I can post pages throughout the year as I finish them. Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!!! I too had seen these Smash books popping up on the internet, so imagine my delight when our friend Suzie sent me one for Christmas! Now you have really inspired me to get going with it, so thanks :)

    By the way, of course we would like to see more of your pages! Did you even need to ask that question?!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great I have one to but haven't really put anything into it yet just keep flipping through thinking of ideas.. Good Start will look at mine again.. take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOVE IT!! I kinda started mine, but nothin fancy...Yours looks awesome and totally Smashin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Roxy! And a big Yeah to Smash books! I love them too! Yours is looking fab!! and am so pleased you managed to get hold of one, I am so looking forward to seeing how you fill yours up, and how cute is that little fish?, I love him!:)

    Guess what? I managed to get hold of some too, yippee!!!! I went for the pink one and also the retro blue (greedy me, lol!) and also bought one each for my kids, as I thought it would be a fun thing for us all to do together, well, that was the plan, lol!

    They're just so fab, and couldn't agree with you more, about how brilliant they are at using up some of your stashed away stash, lol! So far I have managed to complete about six or so pages, that pretty good going for me as I normally take ages to finish a project.

    I love the whole idea of them being so random and not being perfect, I love the well travelled journal look with lots of journaling, it always looks so interesting.

    I'm delighted you'll be smashing too this year Roxy, we can smash together, so to speak, lol! Promise to upload what I've done with mineon my blog very soon!
    Just catching up on all my blog comments at the moment, and BTW your last few Christmas journal pages are wonderful!

    Happy Smashing!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooops, forgot to say, ofcourse we want to see more :)

    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Just a wonderful work .I love all the details and you really did a wonderful work here.
    I will try to do one too.
    Have e wonderful 2012!!
    Big huges and kisses from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Great pages Rox!!! Jason's pics look like mug shots (: One of my dear sweet friends gave me a Smashbook and accessories for Christmas so I am looking forward to creating with it!! I'm like you, I have all of these little things I like to keep and never get them put in layouts!! This will be perfect for that!! I had heard about the craze with these books several months ago but was trying to be strong and not join the obsession/spend more $$$ (: Have fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Roxy! Great idea! and yes, MORE PLEASE!!! :)
    I have a question for you though ... does your smash book have a theme or are you just grabbing at random and smashing? I bought one last year and it's been sitting on my shelf because, while I love the concept, I'm not sure what to put in it. Looking at yours I was struck with the idea of using it to journal 2012 - kind of a project life without all the fancy page protectors!! LOL!
    Can't wait to see more of yours!

    PS - would LOVE to meet this year! Let's make it happen, k?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I read chest hair? Oh my, you do keep everything. I have a Smash book too and they are tons of fun. Thanks for sharing and happy Smashing!!!

    ReplyDelete